ISTANBUL HIGHLIGHTS TOUR
Guided Istanbul Highlights Tour is an excellent opportunity for people who have limited time just to understand the city in overall view with main highlights. At a glance, Istanbul is a huge city located both on Europe and Asia. Therefore it is not easy to explore and understand the city in a day. That is the city which had been capital to big empires for 1700 years. So we can say; it is the city of mystery with impressive architectural palaces, churches, mosques, synagogues, souks and many other things.
- DURATION: One day walking guided tour in Old City
- TYPE OF TOUR: Semi-private fully historical tour with max 12 and min 6 adult guests. So you do not have to be in crowded group to understand your guide and ask questions.
- DEPARTURE: 8:30am
- DEPARTURE MEETING POINT: At the entrance of Hagia Sophia Museum. You will see the sign of our company as PEACE TRAVEL SERVICE (TGZ) when you get there.
- DATES: Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays. So, tour runs every day except Tuesdays with minimum 6 people. Please check our other tours which run on Tuesdays!
- INCLUDES: Guidance by highly experienced licensed guide, admission fees of sights (Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace with Harem, Basilica Cistern), VAT, all sights which are suggested in tour itinerary.
- EXCLUDES: Meals and personal expenses, transportation.
- It is a “semi-private fully historical tour” with max 12 and min 6 people. So you won’t be in a crowded group to hear your guide and ask questions.
- All these highlights are very close and in walking distance to each other. Therefore, if you choose accommodation in Sultan Ahmet district, guests will be avoiding the traffic and do not need any transportation.
- We DO NOT pick you up from your hotel. Istanbul is such a big city and it is very easy to come to the old city. All cab drivers know the city well and there is an excellent public tram crossing through the old city. We do not prefer to waste time in traffic from one hotel to another to pick up people and bring the old city. Tour starts at 08.30am from departure point. We prefer starting our tour early to avoid crowds in the morning. We can mail the directions of meeting point from your hotel. Also all our contact numbers are available all time.
- If guests request to be picked up from their hotel, cruise port, airport or any other places, we can provide it with additional fee up on distance to meeting point.
- While booking tour, please note; If our guest come with a cruise ship, all details about cruise ship, docking port name, arrival and departure time of cruise ship, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people must be given.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there might be limited shade. Also, guests should watch their steps at all time in order to avoid injuries.
- Please request your tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. We also customize these tours for travelers who prefer doing private tours.
- Our company organize all our tours legally by PEACE TRAVEL SERVICE (TGZ) as an official travel agency with A-9802 TURSAB number.. We provide highly experienced licensed tour guides to all our guests.
DepartureIn front of Hagia Sophia
Return TimeApproximately 5.30PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable, light and comfortable walking shoes
Topkapı Palace with Harem
After meeting with your guide, we will start from Topkapi Palace. Treasury, Holy Relics, Pavilions in third inner garden, Kitchens, Audience Hall (Private office of Sultan), Ambassador Hall of Topkapi Palace are the main places must be seen there. Also Harem is in Topkapi Palace as well where has to be visited at the same day if guest is interested in to visit. It takes time (min 2-3 hours) to visit the whole palace.
Hagia Sophia Museum
Second stop will be Hagia Sophia sight museum. It was built as biggest Basilica Church of the world in 6th century and converted to a Mosque in 15th century. In 1936, it was converted to a museum as a decision of Atatürk. Hagia Sophia Museum is in the list of UNESCO as a World Heritage. Hagia Sophia is a very impressive Architecture of early Byzantine period.
Free time for a lunch
Third stop will be Basilica Cistern which is original Byzantine water supplying system of 6th century without any Ottoman touch. There are 2 Medusa relieved marble blocks as the bases of 2 separate columns inside which worth seeing.
Fourth stop will be the square where there was an ancient Hippodrome which includes Egyptian Obelisk (3600 years old), Serpentine Column (dated back to 486BC), Constantine Column from 10th century and German fountain.
Fifth stop is Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet Mosque) which is very famous with blue quartz tiles of 17th century. It was built as an honor of royal family with six minarets on.
And Grand Bazaar where has 4500 oriental shops inside. Shopping is a kind of culture in the Grand Bazaar. So we advise to walk around with a guide first to explore and get the sense of shopping there. And then our guests will be on safe side and it will be more enjoyable. Otherwise it comes so overwhelming in a short period of time. After walking around in the Bazaar together, our tour will end there.
Meeting Point - In front of Hagia Sophia Museum `Please look for the TGZ sign.`
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
You can leave your comments about our service quality! It will be pleasure for us to publish it.