HOP ON HOP OFF BOSPORUS CRUISE
This tour is a perfect opportunity for people who would like to see the Palaces of 19th century. Dolmabahce Palace is the best example. It was built by Ottoman Sultan Abdulmejid I and decorated with finest arts inside. You will see amazing French crystal chandeliers, paintings, Chinese porcelains, finest Turkish rugs and many others. Also you have a chance to explore different locations by the Bosporus and come back to boat again. While doing Bosporus cruise exploring the location by the shores is a great opportunity with your guide.
- DURATION: One full day tour in Istanbul
- TYPE OF TOUR: Semi-private fully historical tour with max 12 and min 6 adult guests. So you do not have to be in a crowded group to understand your guide and ask questions.
- DEPARTURE: 8:30am
- DEPARTURE MEETING POINT: Next to clock tower in Dolmabahce Palace’s garden. You will see the sign of our company as PEACE TRAVEL SERVICE (TGZ) when you get there.
- DATES: Dolmabahçe Palace is closed on Mondays and Thursdays. So This tour runs on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays
- INCLUDES: Professional guidance, admission fees of sights, hop on-hop off boat cruise ticket, ferry tickets
- EXCLUDES: Meals, personal expenses, pick up/drop off from/to hotels
- We do this tour by boat and walking. We are not going to be driving in this tour.
- Dolmabahce Palace and Kucuksu Pavillion are closed on Mondays and Thursdays. Therefore, the tour runs every day of the week except Mondays and Thursdays with min 6 people.
- We DO NOT pick you up from your hotel. Istanbul is such a big place and it is very easy to come to the Dolmabahce Palace. All cab drivers know Taxim Square well and there is an excellent public transportation with subway system crossing the Taxim Square. We do not prefer to waste time in traffic from hotels to other hotels to pick up people and bring the meeting point. Tour starts at 08.30am from departure point. We prefer starting tour early to avoid the crowds and not to be in heavy traffic in the morning. To come by yourself to meeting point, We can mail the directions of meeting point from your hotel. Also all our contact numbers are available all time.
- If Guest request to be picked up from hotel, Cruise port, Airport or any places, we can provide it with additional fee up on distance to meeting point.
- While booking tour; if our guest come out from Cruise ship, our guests must give all details about name of Cruise ship, docking port name, arrival and departure time of cruise ship, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- All our guests will be insured as participants. Cancelling tour for daily tours have to be done 24 hours before starting tour and all payment will be fully refund to guest if cancellation is done min 24 hours before. Otherwise it will be no show and cannot be paid back to guest.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. We also customize these tours for travelers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our company organizes all our tours legally by PEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.
DepartureNext to clock tower in Dolmabahce Palace's garden
Return TimeApproximately 6.00PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
We meet up with our guide in the garden of Dolmabahce Palace to depart our tour. It is known as the most expensive palace of the world with its crystal chandeliers and finest art pieces from all over the world. It is a beautiful luxury palace of 19th century as the latest imperial palace of Ottoman Empire.
Walking to Kabatas
After visiting the palace, we walk to Kabatas pier by passing the beautiful mosque of the palace which was built for the mother of Sultan Abdulmejid I in 1853. And then we depart to our hop on hop off Bosporus cruise at 12:45pm. The boat stops at the imperial palace docks along the both shores of the Bosporus: Besiktas (for the Naval Museum and Yildiz Palace), Emirgan, Kucuksu and Beylerbeyi. We skip Besiktaş and Beylerbeyi to catch some free time.
Free time for lunch
Free lunch time in Emirgan where is very famous with tulip gardens and beautiful wooden houses on the European side. And we catch the next boat from Emirgan.
We cross the Bosporus and stop in Kucuksu where you can visit the mini size of Dolmabahce Palace. Then, visiting Asian Fortress and Kucuksu Pavillion by walking around in a very local neighbourhood and catch the next boat. We will get off the boat in Besiktas by skipping to stop in Beylerbeyi to visit the palace there. This palace had been built just after Dolmabahce Palace in similar style as a summer palace of royalty. It was used as a museum. We will see this palace from outside because of time schedule of the museum.
After getting off in Besiktas, we catch a public boat to Uskudar to visit Kuzguncuk and Uskudar area. Kuzguncuk is a district where 3 different believes have been living there together in harmony for hundreds of years. After 15th century it was chosen as the second holiest lands for Jews who were living in Istanbul. During 17th century, Greek Romans and Armenians moved here. Turkish people have been living there too. The streets of Kuzguncuk with synagogues, Orthodox and Armenian catholic churches and also mosques are very peaceful and authentic local district.
After having a tea break there, we walk to Uskudar to visit Mihrimah Sultan Mosque. It is an absolute beautiful architectural piece from Architect Sinan. He built this beautiful mosque for the honor of Sultan’s daughter, Mihrimah Sultan, during 16th century. After visiting this mosque, we can take a ferry to Kabatas to end the day there.
Meeting Point: Next to clock tower in Dolmabahce Palace's garden
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
You can leave your comments about our service quality! It will be pleasure for us to publish it.