EUROPE & ASIA IN A DAY
If you would love to explore different parts of the city, both in European and Asian side, this Istanbul tour can be a good opportunity for a day. If you think you have been to highlights and extend exploring the city a bit more in a limited time, you will enjoy this tour. Going to Asian side to see the city from the highest point by driving on the Bosphorus Bridge between Europe and Asia is a miracle to live. And then visiting Chora Church, Suleymaniye Mosque, Spice Bazaar will be an excellent choice. Of course Bosphorus Cruise becomes as a bonus after all these highlights!
- DURATION: One day Istanbul historical tour. (It runs everyday.)
- DEPARTURE: 8:30am
- TYPE OF TOUR: Semi-private fully historical tour with max 12 and min 6 adult guests. So you do not have to be in crowded groups to understand your guide and ask questions.
- DEPARTURE MEETING POINT: In front of Marmara Hotel in Taksim Square. You will see the sign of our company as PEACE TRAVEL SERVICE (TGZ) when you get there.
- DATES: Chora Church is closed on Wednesdays, so we will visit Patriarchate Church of Istanbul instead of Chora Church on Wednesdays or please check our other tours which run on Wednesdays!
- INCLUDES: Guidance by highly experienced licensed guide, transportation during tour, admission fees of sights, Bosphorus cruise by public boat, VAT (value add tax)
- EXCLUDES: Meals, personal expenses, pick up/drop off from/to hotels.
- *It is a “semi-private fully historical tour” with max 12 and min 6 adult people. So you do not have to be in crowded group to hear your guide and ask questions.*All these highlights in itinerary are not very close and in walking distance to each other. So it will be more driving tour than walking tour.
- *We DO NOT pick you up from your hotel. Istanbul is such a big place and it is very easy to come to the Taksim Square. All cab drivers know Taksim Square well and there is an excellent public transportation with subway system crossing the Taksim Square. We do not prefer to waste time in traffic from hotels to other hotels to pick up people and bring the old city. Tour starts at 08.30am from departure point. We prefer starting tour early to avoid the crowds and not to be in heavy traffic in the morning. To come by yourself to the meeting point, we can mail the directions of the meeting point from your hotel. Also all our contact numbers are available all time.
- *If guest request to be picked up from hotel, cruise port, airport or any places, we can provide it with additional fee up on distance to the meeting point.
- *While booking the tour; if our guest come with a cruise ship, our guests must give all details about name of cruise ship, docking port name, arrival and departure time of cruise ship, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well.
- *Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- *All our guests will be insured as participants. Cancelling tour for daily tours have to be done 24 hours before starting tour and all payment will be fully refund to guest if cancellation is done min 24 hours before. Otherwise it will be no show and cannot be paid back to guest.
- *Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- *Chora Church is closed on Wednesdays, so we will visit Patriarchate Church of Istanbul instead of Chora Church on Wednesdays or please check our other tours which run on Wednesdays!
- *Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- *We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. We also customize these tours for travelers who prefer doing private tour.
- *Our Company organizes all our tours legally by PEACE TRAVEL SERVICE (TGZ) as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB. We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.
DepartureIn front of Marmara Hotel in Taxim Square
Return TimeApproximately 5.30PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
Meeting with our guests
We meet our guests at the departure point for Istanbul tour and drive to Asian side of Istanbul by Bosphorus Bridge.
We will visit top of Camlica Hill where is the highest point of Istanbul. It is one of the most beautiful panoramic spots of the city.
Chora Church Museum
And we drive back to old city on the European side and go to Chora Church which was the last Imperial Church of Byzantine Empire by driving along the Grand city walls. Chora Church has been used as a museum since 1936. It is the only building in the world where you can see the whole story of Christianity as drawn frescoes and made with golden mosaics. It is a very small building but very important and special to understand the Christianity.
Free time for lunch
Drive to Suleymaniye Mosque which is the biggest Mosque of Istanbul. It is also vice master building of Architect Sinan. He had built this impressive building during 16th century for the honor of Great Suleyman the Magnificent. You will witness the beauty of turquoise quartz tiles of 16th century on the walls. Also, it is one of earthquake proof building with special architectural design of Sinan.
Bosphorus Cruise by public boat
We will have Bosporus Cruise for 1.5 - 2 hours. There are many public boats running every hour from Eminonu. It is amazing to see the city by the cruise. Admission fee is included the price.
And last stop will be the famous Spice Bazaar where guests can find all kinds of herbs, spices, Turkish delights. We end the tour after visiting Spice Bazaar.
Meeting Point: In front of Marmara Hotel at Taksim Square
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
You can leave your comments about our service quality! It will be pleasure for us to publish it.